public event FAQ's


Do you have the correct insurances to supply outside bars at public events?

Yes we do. We have full public liability insurance and employers liability insurance. Copies of our insurance cover can be sent out by email upon request. We also always provide our insurance document in our Health & Safety event packs

Do you deal with the license?

Yes, we have many personal license holders in the company. If a TEN (Temporary Events Notice) is required we can deal with this. If a DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor) is needed on a site we can also sort this out with relevant paperwork, but will only be responsible for our bar. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any licensing questions.

What types of events do you supply bars for?

We can supply bars for ANY event! Steam Rallies, Military Shows, Carnivals, Festivals, Product Launches, Corporate Events, VIP Hospitality Events, Sporting Events … the list can go on and on and on and on …… Contact us with your requirements. We haven’t yet found an event we cannot facilitate!

Is there a minimum or maximum number of public you can facilitate?

No! We can supply bars to small events all the way up to six figure footfalls! Again the list could go on and on and on and on! Please contact us to see how we can supply bars at your event in an effective way to your public!

Do you have Health & Safety paperwork?

Yes! We have been complimented several times on how thorough our health & safety packs are. We cover everything from policies to staff training to emergency procedures. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a copy of our health & safety documents!

How many staff do you have?

This is an impossible question to answer! We have a full time management team plus staff for our main summer season from all over the UK!

Do you guarantee the booking?

Yes. Once your event is confirmed in our event diary we are 100% guaranteed for your event.

What happens if the event gets cancelled?

Don’t we all just love the British weather! We totally understand that things happen out of anyone’s control. We just ask for as much notice as possible. Pitch fees etc will be discussed on an individual basis with organisers.

How do you work pitch fees/percentages?

Pitch fees/Percentages will be worked out on an individual basis between event organisers. We work on a 100% honesty basis. No pitch fees or percentages are set in stone and everything can be discussed. Please contact us to discuss your show.

What drinks do you sell?

We have our standard products which we serve including a large range of Ales, Real Cider, Fosters, Strongbow, Strongbow Cloudy Apple, Old Mout Berries & Cherries, Guinness, Prosecco, Wine, Large selection of Spirits including Gin, Vodka & Whiskey plus a large range of soft drinks including non-alcoholic cider & lager. We pride ourselves in working with local breweries/companies where we can stock local produce. Obviously every event has different requirements so please contact us to see how we can supply the drinks you would like to see at your event!

What are your bar prices like?

Our public/standard price list is very much based on local pubs and we are complimented on how reasonable we are! Our B-Card price list then gives a discounted price list to exhibitors, organisers, committees & volunteers of the shows. Generally this gives 50p-£1 off per pint! All weekend that we are open!

What is a B-Card?

A B-Card is a discount card for the Bars 4 Events Ltd beer tents. We launched the scheme in 2013 to give back to the hard workers of the shows. Without these people there would be no show! Exhibiting at Steam Rallies, Country Shows and Military Shows is not a cheap hobby so to have a slightly cheaper pint only helps! The card costs £2 and lasts for life (unless you lose it or break it!) We also have ‘GROUPIE’ merchandise which can be bought through our Facebook page or at our events!

What time can my beer tent stay open till?

This will almost always be stipulated by the license. Please discuss with us your requirements and we will try to facilitate where we can.

Do you have marquees?

Yes we do own our own marquees. These are all 30ft wide and can be from 30ft up to 130ft long. They are all traditional style. They are all also sign written with BAR on the roof!

We will be hiring in our own marquee, is this a problem?

Not at all. We can set up in almost any structure or building! We haven’t yet found anywhere we cannot set up our bars!

Can we put a stage into the marquee and put live music on?

Of Course!! This is what weekend shows are all about! The beer tent should be the heart of the show. It is the main meeting place of all exhibitors and campers!

How long does it take you to set up/dismantle?

This is all dependant on your exact requirements for your event! Our record is 1 hour set up and 30 mins dismantle but obviously the bigger the event the longer it takes! Averagely for a medium size event it is 1 day set up and half a day dismantle.

Do you supply everything?

Yes! We can supply one or all of the following; Marquee(s), Bar units, Stillaging, Tables, Chairs, Beer Garden Furniture, Staff, Stock and Generator(s). Contact us to discuss the requirements for your show.

What about power?

Yes we require power! Please contact us to discuss your exact requirements.

What about water?

Yes we require water on site. It does not have to be directly in the bar location but we do require it close by.

Can you supply food/catering stands?

No. We supply bars and we do it well! (if we may say so ourselves!) We do work very closely with caterers at several of our shows so can happily recommend companies.